ICOMIA Announces Speakers for the 2018 World Marinas ConferencePublished on September 24, 2018
The International Council of Marina Industry Associations (ICOMIA) has released the topics to be covered at its World Marinas Conference, from October 25 to 27 at the Stavros Niarchos Cultural Center in Athens, Greece.
The theme of the conference is “Cross Sea Challenges for Marinas—Setting the Scene for Collective Development and Growth.” Thirty-five speakers representing the American, Asian, Australian, Mediterranean, Cypriot, Middle East, Balkan and Russian markets will present on a variety of topics highlighting the latest developments in tourist ports, and best practices for the development of marinas.
Topics covered at the conference will include:
- The future of electric boat propulsion, new floating structures, electricity storage and the possible impact in marinas operations – Dr. Donald Sadoway (academic, USA), Christian Pho Duc (Torqeedo, Germany), Anthony Baro (Power Docks, USA).
- Changes in boat ownership pattern and the effect on marina design and operations – Nanke den Daas (Den Daas Group, Netherlands), Jason Ludlow (Beds on Board, UK), Mats Eriksson (Swedish Marine Industries Federation).
- The latest developments in the superyacht industry – Rosemary Pavlatou (BWA, A1 Yachting, Greece).
- Key considerations for successful marinas development – John Hogan (GMI, Australia), Baxter Underwood (Safe Harbor Marinas, USA).
- New international standards, ICOMIA policy papers and amendments in best practice code- Udo Kleinitz (ICOMIA), Esteban Blondi (PIANC), Ulrich Heinemann (IMCI), Jon White (TYHA).
- People and training in marinas, Crisis management, Corporate Social Responsibility – John Kalogerakis (JMK, Greece), Dr. Vassilios Mamaloukas (EPE, Greece), Thanos Belalidis (Sympraxis Team, Greece).
- Innovative marketing for the marina business – Gulu Lalvani (Royal Phuket marina, Thailand), Willi Fux (LHM conceil, France)
- Drystack technology to improve operations – Robert Brown (GCM, USA).
“The ICOMIA World Marinas Conference is a great chance for experts and businesses to meet and discuss market insights – including boat ownership patterns; international regulations; product development and the newest technologies. This unique opportunity to obtain information on the latest trends in the marina industry provides valuable insights and is essential for the success of your business. Get on board and be part of the marina industry of the future,” said ICOMIA Marina’s Group Chair, Martinho Fortunato, CMM.