ABYC Educator Training Conference To Be Held in JulyPublished on April 15, 2019
The American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) will hold its inaugural “Marine Service Technology: Educator Training Conference” from July 23 to 25, in Annapolis, Maryland. The three-day conference will feature topics to enhance the knowledge, delivery and support of marine instructors and school administrators around the country.
“Whether you have been teaching marine tech for years, or are thinking about starting a marine tech program, this is a must attend event,” said ABYC Vice President Ed Sherman. “Schools interested in a standards-based curriculum or trying to get more STEM into their shop class will learn how to do this painlessly, while networking and sharing ideas with other instructors.”
Conference presentations include:
- The state of the workforce and available solutions
- The evolution of “tech ed” and the modern student
- Stretching instructor knowledge and resources
- Shop stocking, layout and safety
- Creating and managing a curriculum advisory committee
- ABYC resources and how to use them
- Hands-on work with training aids that bring textbook elements to life
- Effective presentation of technical information
- Evinrude outboard program and hands-on curriculum training
To learn more and register visit www.abycinc.org/ETC.