ABYC Releases Latest in Boat Building and Repair StandardsPublished on August 5, 2019
The American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) published its 59th supplement of Standards and Technical Information Reports for Small Craft, which covers all major boat systems and provides the industry with the latest in boat building and repair standards.
ABYC standards are continuously researched, developed and revised by more than 400 volunteer technical experts and marine professionals.
Supplement 59 2019-2020 revisions include:
- A-28, Galvanic Isolators
- E-2, Cathodic Protection
- H-1, Field of Vision From the Helm Position
- H-3, Exterior Windows, Windshields, Hatches, Doors, Portlights, and Glazing Materials
- H-29, Canoes and Kayaks
- H-40, Anchoring, Mooring, and Strong Points
- P-1, Installation of Exhaust Systems for Propulsion and Auxiliary Engines
- P-4, Marine Inboard Engines and Transmissions
- C-1500, Ignition Protection Test for Marine Products (online only).
Technical Information Reports:
- T-17, Compass Installation
- T-24, Owner/Operator’s Manuals
- TE-4, Lightning Protection.
On its online library, ABYC provides a standards overview document that highlights the major changes in Supplement 59.
Visit www.abycinc.org/store to purchase the standards or download ABYC’s compliance tools.