ABYC Seeks Speakers for 2019 Law SymposiumPublished on June 25, 2018
American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) will host next year’s Marine Law Symposium, with a topic of Role of the Expert Witness, in Seattle on January 8. The organization has issued a call for speakers to present on the following topics:
1. Case studies involving work where the expert witness was critical in the outcome.
2. Insurance claims where the expert witness was a key component in the settlement.
3. Guidance on becoming an expert witness, organizations to belong to, creation and maintenance of a proper CV, etc.
4. Manufacturers who have employed experts to evaluate their compliance programs and product in order to prevent or as a reaction to a consumer complaint.
5. Roles of the key players in an accident; law enforcement, insurance adjusters, surveyors, etc.
Presenters should be experienced public speakers and be comfortable making presentations to large audiences. Speakers are responsible for all expenses, but ABYC will waive the conference fee for the speaker and a guest.
Those interested should submit a description of proposed topic with a resume or CV by July 15.
ABYC will invite between four and six speakers and topics. Panel or multiple speaker sessions are welcome.