AMI Offers Clean and Resilient Marina CoursePublished on March 16, 2023
The Association of Marina Industries is holding its next Clean and Resilient Marina course April 17 to 19 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. AMI released its Clean & Resilient Marina Course in 2022 to expand the marina industry’s knowledge of clean and resilient marina operations. The purpose of this course is to train marina professionals in available practices to mitigate environmental concerns, provide an understanding of the federal legal and permit requirements for plan activities, and start the clean and resilient marina certification process in the presence of industry professionals and marina peers.
At the end of this course, attendees receive AMI’s Clean and Resilient Marina Professional (CRMP) certification and have access to AMI’s Clean and Resilient Marina Verification Program, which allows you to self-certify your marina as Clean and Resilient.
The course is 2.5 days of classwork, activities, and a marina study tour. Topics covered in the course include:
- Sitting and design consideration for new and expanding marinas
- Marina maintenance, facilities, and habitat
- Stormwater management
- Vessel maintenance and repair
- Petroleum control and hazardous waste management
- Sewage and gray water management
- Waste reduction, disposal, recycling, and management
- Marina Management and Boater Education
- Aquatic invasive species education and management
- Increasing resilience – climate adaptation & sea level rise
The courses are taught by Tom Delotto, CMM, CMSM, CRMP, director of safety and compliance, Suntex Marina, Margaret Boshek, PE, Peng, senior coastal engineer, Moffatt & Nichol, and Greg Klang, owner, Marina Staff Training. To register visit Clean and Resilient Marina Course (marinaassociation.org)