Marina Puerto Escondido Hosting Fishing Tournament on the Sea of CortezPublished on May 6, 2019
Marina Puerto Escondido will host the Robert Ross Fishing Tournament May 17 to 19. The first annual tournament is expected to attract 40 to 50 four- angler teams competing to win prizes of close to $20,000.
Named after record holding angler Robert Ross, the tournament is held on the Sea of Cortez, which Jacques Cousteau called “The Aquarium of the World” due to its unmatched variety of marine life.
Fishing tournament prizes and optional brown bag pots include:
- Grand Prize: $8,000 minimum payout (40% of entry fees) plus a Suzuki Outboard Motor.
- 1st Place Tuna: $4,000 minimum payout (20% of entry fees)
- 1st Place Yellowtail: $4,000 minimum payout (20% of entry fees)
- 1st Place Dorado: $4,000 minimum payout (20% of entry fees)
- $1,000 to the biggest fish caught using the Tournament tuna plug (must have video of tuna plug and fish).
Optional brown bag pots will be available for dorado, tuna, and yellow tail:
- $500 entry, Winner Takes All / Day
- $1,000 entry, Winner Takes All / Day
- $5,000 entry, Winner Takes All / Day
All prize winners will earn free entry to the Copa de Campeones Calisureños – Serial Dos Mares 2019 (Grand Final Calisureños Tournament) in August, which will be hosted in Loreto. Each General Prize winner will also receive a trophy, courtesy of Gray Trophy Fish Mounts.
For more information on prizes, please visit the Robert Foss Fishing Tournament Rules and Prizes page.
Event sponsor Owen Perry’s Villa del Palmar Resort, Marina Puerto Escondido will offer fishing boats for rent and charter during the tournament. The marina has added new amenities including a snack shop, bar and restaurant that are available for tournament participants.
The entrance fee for the Robert Ross Fishing Tournament is $1,000. For more details about the event, contact Javier Fuerte at email@example.com.