National Park Service Announces 20-year Lease for Oregon Inlet MarinaPublished on December 10, 2018
The National Park Service (NPS) has executed a lease with Oregon Inlet Marina, LLC, managed by Russell C. King, to provide for the maintenance and continued operation of Oregon Inlet Marina, also known as Oregon Inlet Fishing Center, for use as a charter boat marina. The lease is for a 20-year period and begins December 31, 2018.
Oregon Inlet Marinas, LLC was selected following its response to a Request for Proposals (RFP) that was issued on June 7 and closed on September 5. The NPS received multiple proposals in response to the RFP and selected Oregon Inlet Marinas, LLC as the best responsive proposal.
In accordance with the lease, the lessee will authorized the use of the marina premises for the following purposes:
- Marina slip rentals only for: charter fishing boats (for-hire fishing vessels); headboats; tour boats; dive boats (collectively such boats and watercraft are referred to as “Commercial Watercraft”); and large commercial or governmental vessels such as dredges;
- The rental of non-motorized watercraft such as kayaks, canoes and sailboats (excluding Personal Watercraft).
- The sale of fishing and boating goods and services including: ice, bait, tackle, fishing and boating apparel, camping supplies, fish cleaning services, photography supplies and services, and fuel;
- Booking services for users of commercial watercraft;
- The sale of food and beverage items;
- The sale of other retail items;
- Special events associated with the use of the marina for charter fishing boats, such as fishing tournaments;
- Provision of a small children’s play area.
“The Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and the talented captains docking at the marina have put Oregon Inlet on the map as one of the best offshore fishing destinations in the world,” stated David Hallac, superintendent National Parks of Eastern North Carolina.