NMMA Releases Sailboat Sales TrendsPublished on June 17, 2022
The Sailboat Sales Trends section of the National Marine Manufacturers Association’s (NMMA) 2021 U.S. Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract is now available. This report includes production and retail unit sales data, export unit sales by length, import unit sales by length, estimated total annual retail sales, and retail sales by length. Data show retail unit sales of sailboats increased 20 percent compared to 2020.
Other key insights from the report include:
- Sailboats accounted for $126.1 million in sales in 2021.
- Exports of sailboat units from the U.S. declined 9.2 percent, whereas sailboat imports increased 43.4 percent.
Here’s the estimated release schedule for the remaining sections of the 2021 Abstract:
- Boat and Engine Exports & Imports
- Total Industry Sales by Category & State
- Powerboat Sales Trends
- Cruiser, Watersport, Fishing Boat & Trailer Sales Trends
- Pre-Owned Boat Market
- Full Abstract digital copy
The 2021 boat registration section is a standalone report and will be available in Q4 2022.
NMMA members receive unlimited complimentary access to the digital versions of the annual U.S. Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract. Bookmark www.nmma.org/statistics/publications/statistical-abstract for direct and easy access. Members can also pre-order copies of the print version of the complete 2021 US Abstract.